Mr. Khalid Hussain Al Maskati
Chairman of the Financial and Economic Affairs Committee of the Shura Council.
Bachelor of Business Administration, majoring in Industrial Management, University of Texas, USA in 1979, with distinction.
- Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors of Al-Maskati Brothers & Partners Group BSC (closed).
- Member of the Board of Directors of Hussein Mahdi Al-Maskati & Sons Group BSC (closed).
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Korek Bahrain Holding Company.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Cork Information Technology.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Korek Investments LLC. NS.
- Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors of Cyprient Bahrain Limited W.L.L. NS.
- Vice Chairman of LSG Sky Chef Bahrain Ketterig.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Education and Reform Council.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Bahrain Training Institute.
- Member of the Royal Charity Organization.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the General Company for Trade and Food Industry LLC. NS.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Bahrain Water Factory.
- Member of the Supreme National Committee to prepare a draft national action charter.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Bahrain Monetary Agency (Central Bank of Bahrain).
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Gulf Union Insurance and Reinsurance Company.
- Member of the Supreme Committee for the Award, His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, for Industrial Excellence.
- Member of the Bahraini Committee of the International Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the First Shura Council (1996 – 2002).
- Member of the Shura Council for the first, second, third, fourth and fifth legislative terms (2002 – 2022 AD).
- Second Deputy Speaker of the Shura Council for the second session of the first legislative term (2003).
- Chairman of the Financial and Economic Affairs Committee (2006-2022).
- Member of the Irish Trade Development Association – Bahrain.
- Member of the Advisory Committee for Economic Research at the Bahrain Center for Studies and Research.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (1993 – 2001).
- Member of the Bureau of the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (1997 – 2001).
- Chairman of the Industry Committee of the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (1993 – 2001 AD).
Professor B. Espen Eckbo
“Professor B. Espen Eckbo holds the Tuck Centennial Chair in Finance at the Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College, New Hampshire 03755 (USA). He received his PhD in finance from the University of Rochester (New York) in 1981. Prior to joining the Tuck School in 1998, he was a professor of finance at the University of British Columbia (Vancouver, Canada) from 1981 to 1996, and he held the Gosta Olson Chair in Financial Economics at the Stockholm School of Economics from 1996-98. He has also held visiting professorships at UCLA and MIT, and he is an adjunct of the Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration, which made him an honorary doctorate in 2011.
Professor Eckbo has published extensively in the areas of corporate finance, investment banking, and the market for corporate control. He is a recipient of the Batterymarch Fellowship and has received several outstanding-paper awards. He is a aesearch Associate of the European Corporate Governance Institute (ECGI) and a former research Fellow of the Center for Research in Public Policy (CEPR). He is a frequent keynote and invited seminar speaker and was recently called by the U.S. Congress to testify on issues concerning the government’s large equity ownership positions in companies rescued under the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP).”
As the client relationship and engagement partner, Harish will work closely with the engagement team and shall be responsible for engagement delivery and managing the expectations of Behzad Medical Establishment W.L.L.. He will ensure that the highest standards of quality and expertise is delivered and that the work performed under the engagement meets KPMG’s policies and professional requirements. Harish will meet the client on a needs basis to discuss the engagement.
- Harish is an audit partner in KPMG in Bahrain with over 22 years of professional experience in delivering audit & advisory services to several organizations of national and international eminence in Bahrain.
- Harish is also the regional lead partner for KPMG Middle Markets and a Quality Reviewing Partner under on other KPMG offices under the KPMG Audit Quality Framework.
- He is accredited with setting up of the Owner Managed Business – department in Bahrain, a trusted advisor to several large family businesses, international clients and other business associations and heads the KPMG Entrepreneur Club, a first of a kind interactive platform for entrepreneurs to come together and work with KPMG. Harish brings onboard with him his vast experience of working with government bodies and Middle Markets, deep understanding and expertise in customizing and tailoring solutions for the Middle Markets Sector.
- Harish is also one of the client servicing partner for Tamkeen’s (labor fund) Mohasabha program (a government led Company financing program for Middle Markets enterprises in Bahrain).
Accomplished and results-oriented professional, offering extensive experience and specialized knowledge in creating business and financial strategies to draft business continuity plans, and augment top and bottom lines. Strong background of leading continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives, whilst ensuring credibility of finance groups by providing accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts. Results-driven with a solid background in monitoring performance, conducting training needs analysis and creating plans to meet these needs. Experienced in identifying performance gaps and recommending solutions to align business and financial plans and deliver ground-breaking results.
Dr. Jarmo Kotilaine
Chief Planning and Monitoring Officer, Tamkeen
A.M./Ph.D. Harvard University, Economic History
M.Phil., Ph.D. cand. University of Cambridge, Economics
B.A./M.A. University Oxford, Politics, Philosophy, and Economics (First Class Honours)
Idikhar BSC (2021 – To Date)
Part of the founding team of a Bahrain-headquartered FinTech-based long-term savings platform and advisory firm holding a Central Bank of Bahrain Investment License, Category 2.
Ministry of Finance and the National Economy, Manama, Bahrain (2018 – To Date)
Regular advice and consultancy on key economic and strategic issues. Responsible for a monthly report for the Ministry and for the publication on a regular quarterly report on the Bahraini economy.
Tamkeen (Labour Fund), Manama, Bahrain (2018 – To Date)
Chief Planning and Monitoring Officer
Responsible for supervising the Funds Planning & Business Development and Monitoring & Compliance Departments with a total headcount of 50. Member of the Fund’s executive management team. Oversees the development of the corporate strategy, operational plans, market intelligence, impact assessment, and monitoring-related functions. 2016-2018 Advisor to the Chief Executive and Chairman Responsible for a strategic refocusing of a government funding vehicle set up for driving private sector and human capital development. Devised analytics, models, and a strategic framework for helping the economy adjust to the new realities created by lower oil prices and fiscal consolidation. Developed a National Productivity Agenda to help enhance the role of productivity as a growth driver. Ongoing advice on a variety of other issues.
- Modernizing Muscovy, London, 2003
- Muscovite Economic Model: The Institutional Underpinnings of Russia’s Economic Development, Washington, D.C., 2004
- Foreign Trade and Russia’s Early Modern Economic Expansion, Leiden, 2004
- Stuarts and Romanovs: the Inception of Anglo-Russian Relations, Dundee, 2009
- “Financing a mortgage market and structural changes required in the MENA region,” in: S. Jaffer, ed., Investing in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Region: Fast Track Opportunities for Growth, London, 2012.
- “Supporting export diversification in the Gulf Cooperation Council,” in: A. Klasen and F. Bannert, eds., The Future of Foreign Trade Support: Setting Global Standards for Export Credit and Political Risk Insurance, London, 2015.
- “Effects of oil prices on Islamic wealth,” Labuan, 2015.
- Trials of Resilience: How COVID-19 is Driving Economic Change in the Arab Gulf, London, 2020.
- Numerous articles, working papers, and conference presentations.